Wherever you are, 
click the totem (here) to return to the Home page

Lewis's 0 Gauge

(Liverpool, UK)

Lewis's was a chain of British department store, the first of which opened in 1856, in Liverpool. The chain expanded throughout the UK, even owning Selfridge's on London's Oxford Street at one point. The chain went through several changes of ownership, and various branch closures, the final closure being the original Liverpool shop, in May 2010.

A selection of train sets issued by Lewis's, under their own name. Interesting to note that the first set has a double arm (home and distant) signal.


Lewis's clockwork goods (freight) train set, made by Brimtoy

Lewis's clockwork goods (freight) train set, probably missing the Esso tank, made by Brimtoy

Lewis's clockwork passenger train set, made by Brimtoy

Lewis's clockwork passenger train set, made by Brimtoy

Lewis's clockwork passenger train set, made by Brimtoy

Lewis's clockwork passenger train set, made by Brimtoy

Lewis's set box only. Note 'Special' train set

Lewis's clockwork passenger train set with double arm signal

Lewis's clockwork passenger train set with double arm signal

Lewis's clockwork passenger train set with double arm signal

Return to O Gauge