The Company was established by Johann Distler in Nuremberg, Germany, in 1895 and continued in business, in various forms, until 1968. Distler initially produced penny toys, sold via wholesalers such as Moses Kohnstam. Distler expanded after WWI, having takien on Brown and Mayer as partners in 1917. Brown and Mayer continued the company post 1923, following the death of Johann Distler. The company was sold to Ernst Volk in 1935, due to the political situation in Germany at that time.
The original Distler company ceased trading in Germany in 1962, although the Distler name continued in Belgium until 1968, trading as Distler Toys SA, in Nivelles, Belgium.
Distler battery powered electric set