Wherever you are, 
click the totem (here) to return to the Home page

Burnett Limited

(London, UK)

Burnett was established by F. Burnett and E. Satchwell in 1914, and continued until 1939, at which time the Burnett tooling was acquired by Chad Valley. Burnett sub contracted the manufacturing of their range to Barringer, Wallis and Manners Co who became part of Metal Box Co in 1939.

The Burnett Ubilda locomotive illustrated below was a floor toy, although the correct gauge for traditional 0 gauge track. The rigid frame prevents the loco negotiating curved track. This particular loco was made for the readership of the Birmingham Gazette newspaper.


Burnett Ubilda locomotive

Burnett Ubilda locomotive

Burnett four wheeled clockwork loco in LNER livery, 'Flying Scotsman'

Burnett four wheeled clockwork loco in LNER livery, 'Flying Scotsman'

Burnett four wheeled clockwork loco in LNER livery, 'Flying Scotsman'

Burnett manufactured a range of tinplate clockwork toys, some of which are illustrated below, although not all are not of suitable size for use with a traditional 0 gauge toy train layout.


Burnett Ubilda leaflet. The Ubilda range was introduced 1934

Magnificent Burnett castle, 10 by 13 inches

Burnett Ubilda Tower Bridge, length 32 inches

Burnett Ubilda Tower Bridge, length 32 inches

Burnett clockork tinplate delivery van, length 6 inches

Burnett clockork tinplate single decker bus, length 14 inches

Burnett clockwork tinplate aeroplane 'The Joey', length 14 inches

Burnett tinplate Lanchester motor car, length 8 inches

Return to O Gauge